Professor Arsenio Veicsteinas, Director of Scientific Research
Born in Bellano (Lecco) on 09/10/1944
Scientific disciplinary sector: Human Physiology
- Professor of Human Physiology;
- Professor of Physiology at the University of Milan and Brescia;
- Director of the "Physical Exercise, Health and Sport " Institute, Faculty of Motor Science, University of Milan;
- Director of the Studies and Research Centre Alta Valtellina (CRAV) Exercise and Well-being - University of Milan;
- Director of the Studies and Research Centre "Safety in Sports and healthy lifestyles (SAS) - University of Milan.
- 1993-1997 "Expert" Member of the High Council of Health
- 1994-1998 Member of the Committee for Sports Medicine of the Ministry of Health
- Since 1989 Director of the Centre for Sports Medicine (collaborating with the Sports Medicine Postgraduate School) of the Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation, IRCCS, Milan
- Since 1998 Member of the "Sports Medicine" Committee of Lombardy
- Since 2001 Member FMSI Scientific Research Committee
- Since 2003 Expert Member for Sports Medicine of the Ministry of Health
Current teaching positions
- Human Physiology Integrated Course, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Milan.
- Functional Assessment of Exercise and Sport Integrated Course, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Milan.
- Human Physiology and Sport Course, Postgraduate School of Sports Medicine, University of Milan.
- Human Physiology and Sport Course, Postgraduate School of Sports Medicine, University of Brescia.
Affiliations with scientific establishments
- Member of the American Physiological Society.
- Member of the Italian Society of Physiology.
- Member of the Bioelectromagnetics Society.
- Member of the International Society of Electrophysiological Kinesiology.
- Member of the European Society for Engineering and Medicine.
International scientific collaborations
- State University of New York at Buffalo, U.S.A.
- Neuromuscular Research Center, Boston, U.S.A.
- Dept. of Physiology, University La Jolla, U.S.A
- Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, Gottingen, RFT
- Centre Médical Universitaire, Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Cardio-respiratory and metabolic adaptations in healthy subjects.
- Physiology of muscular effort in able-bodied subjects as well as disabled.
- Physiology of thermoregulation and adaptation to extraordinary environments.
- Study of electrical and mechanical muscular activity in healthy subjects as well as in patients with neuromuscular diseases.
- Cost of locomotion in healthy subjects, subjects with neuromotor disorders, and deambulating subject with orthosis.
He is the author of over 85 original publications in English available on Pubmed Medlline of the National Institute of Health (NIH, USA) under Veicsteinas APresentazione, and of reports of more than 100 national and international conferences.