Abano and Surroundings
The Euganean Hills
Time seems to stop in the natural charm of the Euganean Hills: woods, Mediterranean scrub and terraced hillsides with vineyards and orchards create a landscape which revitalizes the spirit. Ancient villages, castles, monasteries and the refined architecture of the Venetian Villas recount centuries of history, art and tradition. Architects such as Andrea Palladio, Gian Maria Falconetto and Andrea della Valle built the summer houses of the most powerful families of the Veneto here: for example, Villa Capodilista, Villa Selvatico, Villa Mocenigo Mainardi, Villa Barbarigo and Villa dei Vescovi, genuine architectural jewels with majestic facades and enchanting gardens.
The tranquillity of this territory and the magic of its views sheltered and inspired poets such as Petrarca, Foscolo, Byron and Shelley. The Regional Park extends over an area of around 19 acres of hills of volcanic origin and can be explored by car, on foot or by bicycle, choosing from the many varied panoramic routes and the more than 20 paths which cover the slopes.
The flavour of tradition
The pleasure of eating is an ancient tradition in these parts: the genuine flavours of the natural products, such as the oil, honey and above all the “Colli Euganei” wine which bears the D.O.C. mark of quality and is produced thanks to the favourable climate and the morphology of the area, come together in the typical local dishes, in particular meat and game.
A stones throw from the Cities of Art
The Euganean spas enjoy a unique and privileged position at a crossroads between the most beautiful cities of Northern Italy.
- Padua, “the city of the Saint” with the 14th century Basilica of Saint Anthony; the medieval Historic Centre with its succession of atmospheric piazzas, such as the 18th century Prato della Valle, and the fabulous Scrovegni Chapel which contains the fresco cycle considered to be Giottos masterpiece.
- Venice, a city unique in the world, magically suspended above the water, full of fascination, mystery and art, with all its museums and countless cultural initiatives.
- Verona, the city which symbolises love, thanks to Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet, and which offers clear signs of the grandness of its Roman origins with the Arena, the home of one of the most prestigious international theatrical seasons.
- Vicenza, at the foot of the magnificent Berici Hills is a city which combines the grandiose Palladian architecture with the grace of the Gothic.
- Ferrara, a city of Renaissance art, inextricably linked to the slow flow of the Po and the patronage of the Estensi, with the refined Diamond Palace and the imposing Estense castle.
- Mantua, a welcoming, precious city, the seat of the historic Gonzaga family.
- ABOUT US
- Hotel services
- Health services
- Gallery & Download
- Contact Us